German Chocolate Cake Bars



I love German Chocolate Cake, these bars are an easy delicious way to eat German Chocolate!



Crust:
1 box devil's food cake mix (not the kind with pudding added)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg

Filling:
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free and it was fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened coconut)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan (I used two 8 X 8 pans).
In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and egg.


Press it into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven. The crust will not look done.


While the crust is baking, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg, pecans and coconut. 


Pour evenly over the warm crust and sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips.


Bake for 24-30 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.


NOTE: I didn't use any nuts so I added an extra cup of coconut.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment