Crockpot Applesauce

I really like applesauce and I love to try new recipes; I saw this recipe for applesauce in the crockpot a few weeks ago on Thrift Decor Chick (TDC). We just picked the apples off our trees a few days ago and thought this was the perfect way to use some of them up.
I used 9 honey crisp apples; peeled, cored and sliced. They were then dumped into the crock-pot on top of the apples put the sugar and cinnamon. I used a 1/3 of a cup of sugar since TDC used a 1/2 cup but thought less would be better. As far as cinnamon goes I didn't measure I just dumped some in, I thought it was good but the rest of the family would like less cinnamon. It cooked on high for 4 hours. It was really good warm but we all preferred it after it had cooled in the fridge. I did take a potato masher to it to make it smaller pieces; I also added some more sugar.

This was a delicious way to use up some of our apples. Can't wait to try it again and mess around with the spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment